Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rio Movie Review: 3-D Flick Soars

While the animated 3-D movie Rio debuts in the U.S. today, internationally, the film thus far has taken off, after an opening last weekend in 72 foreign markets that garnered a $55 million haul. Not bad, eh? Check out my review of Rio below. Typically I’m not overly impressed with 3-D movies. But with three kids who have over the years begged and pleaded to see all the latest animated films in 3-D, I find it hard to say no. I go and for the most part am slightly disappointed in the effects. If I’m gonna pay more, I better be wowed. I always end up with a killer headache, too..heh. This time around, though, it was different. Very different. From the folks who brought us the Ice Age films, Blue Sky Studios does an ahh-mazing job with their 3D animation set in the lush rainforest of Rio de Janeiro. We begin in the forest where right away you are enamored by the vivid colors of the assorted birds flying happily throughout. One baby bird in particular watches in envy, as he doesn’t know how to fly. Suddenly smugglers capture several of the birds, whisk them away in cages, including [...]

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/OykatgE-Xe8/

Sara Foster Sara Spraker Sarah Gellman Sarah Michelle Gellar Sarah Mutch

No comments:

Post a Comment