Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lady Gaga: "I Have Never Had Plastic Surgery"

Lady Gaga: "I Have Never Had Plastic Surgery"

In the May issue of Harper's Bazaar, cover girl Lady Gaga opens up about her music, her money, her fans and also... plastic surgery.

In recent months, Gaga has been seen with horn-like bones jutting from her cheeks and shoulders. When asked about these "prosthetics," Gaga says: "Well, first of all, they're not prosthetics. They're my bones... They've always been inside of me, but I have been waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am."

Pressed for clarification as to whether she'd indulged in a little "body modification," a.k.a. plastic surgery, Gaga replies: "(The bones are) a performance-art piece. I have never, ever encouraged my fans or anyone to harm themselves, nor do I romanticize masochism. Body modification is part of the overarching analysis of 'Born This Way.' In the video, we use Rico, who is tattooed head to toe (including a skull on his face). He was born that way. Although he wasn't born with tattoos, it was his ultimate destiny to become the man he is today."

Insisting that the prosthetic horns are a form of artistic expression and not a call to her legions of fans to imitate her, Lady Gaga said firmly: "I have never had plastic surgery, and there are many pop singers who have. I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification."

Her message of empowerment and self-expression obviously resonates in a powerful way with her "Little Monsters," and she sums it up by saying: "I think a lot of people love to convolute what everyone else does in order to disempower women. But my fans know me. They would never hurt themselves. And if they have hurt themselves, they come to me and say, 'Gaga, I want to stop, and your music helps me want to stop. Your music makes me want to love myself.' I am in no way promoting sadomasochism or masochism."

Lady Gaga's latest single, "Born This Way," went to number one on iTunes in only three hours (a new record) and, despite being banned in Malaysia for its pro-gay lyrics, has brought her a lot of new fans. With the full Born This Way album set to drop on May 23, Gaga is currently gearing up to go on tour, prosthetic cheekbones and all!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/lady-gaga-i-have-never-had-plastic-surgery/1-a-340532

Sienna Guillory Sienna Miller Simone Mütherthies Sofía Vergara Soft Cell

No comments:

Post a Comment